Sunday, April 20, 2008

It's Finally Spring In Michigan!

It's been a couple of weeks since my last post. I apparently needed to just stay home and be quiet for awhile just vegging as I ended up sick again..... This time with bronchitis and laryngitis. Honestly, I believe I got sick because I was feeling totally frustrated, stressed and disheartened about my home study update. It just wasn't getting completed in the time frame that "I had planned". Each time I thought it was done, another piece of missing information would pop up and I'd have to track it down or go and get it done. Once I finally let go of the control and just collapsed, (getting really sick does that sometimes) and just did what I had to do to take care of this missing information, it all fell into place. Amazing sometimes to me that I can't just give it up to God in the first place. Oh I do try, but I always want to take it back for some crazy reason. :)

Long story made short...my home study update, along with a couple of other documents to complete my packet for registration, have now all been completed, notarized, apostilled, sent to CHI and from what I hear, are already on there way to Russia to be translated. Whew!!! Now what happens you may ask??? Well, now I sit back and Wait to hear that I am Registered in the region of Krasnoyarsk. It should take about three weeks for this all to happen if everything goes alright. Once I am officially Registered, then the process of finding a child that fits my adoption profile begins. The referral!

While I am getting very good at the waiting process, I am very ready to have the waiting come to an end. It has been 10 long months since my original dossier was completed and sent to Russia. By normal standards of 9 months..this child is way past due. I am so ready to meet her, see what she looks like, and of course give her all of the love that I have been saving up inside since I made the conscious decision to adopt her back in December of 2006.

In other news...as the title of this post states, spring has finally arrived in Michigan. It has been 70+ degrees and sunny for at least three days now. The grass is turning green. In fact I think I will have to mow it next weekend. My daffodils are blooming. The tulips are growing! Trees are budding! And, all of the birds are back in town. We have lots of Canadian Geese, Ducks and Robins in my neighborhood. I love Michigan in the spring and summer...not so much the winters, but I do love the green and warmth. My spirits are lifting, and I'm beginning to feel rejuvenated.

Last but certainly not least.....Congratulations to Troy and Rachel and Wendy and Slade, just to name a couple of families who have just completed their adoptions, or are just about ready to come home with there new little ones. Congratulations to those of you who are on your first trips, or about to embark on your first trips(Keith and Becky), and to those of you who finally have gotten court dates. While I haven't posted much lately...I have been reading most of your blogs, and have been sending up prayers for all of you. God Bless you all!!

6 comments:

Becky and Keith said...

Thanks for the congrats! Also, congrats on getting everything off to CHI and then off to Russia! That is so exciting... another step to meeting your princess! I hope you are finally feeling better.

Troy and Rachel said...

Thanks also for the congrats!! I totally understand your feeling like you were sick because of the stress of the adoption. I was sick for almost two months I think before we got the referral and I was so stressed and tired of waiting I think I did it to myself. Make sure you get yourself well so you're ready for your referral and I hope you get registered soon!!

Mike and Heidi Lee said...

You've been Tagged!
Rules
Link to the person who tagged you:
Post the rules (see below)
Share 6 unimportant habits/quirks about yourself: see below
Tag three other people
Make sure the people you tagged know you've tagged them

Mary and Michael said...

Congrats on getting the paperwork to Russia. I look forward to reading that you have been registered very soon.

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to say hi! And I was wondering how everything has been going since its been a while since your last post. <3

The Wilson's said...

Well it does seem like things are finally moving in Russia. I think that 2 more families traveled to Kras recently, so hopefully, the wait will not be too long. At least you can now enjoy the great weather!