Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day!

Happy Valentine's Day Everyone!

The past couple of days have been spent chasing paper, and going to appointments to complete the paper chase.

Yesterday I completed:
  • New Employer letter
  • New Medical appointment with new PCP to do a medical clearance for homestudy agency and Children's Hope International (CHI)
  • Completed 2007 Taxes
  • Got new local police clearance letter for homestudy agency
  • New Registration letter to Russian Consular Division
  • New Post-Placement Commitment Letter
  • New Questionaire Of Candidate to Adopt
  • New Application letter to Regional Operator of Government Database in Russia
  • Signed and sent BCAL-1326 form for Homestudy agency to check my background in Michigan. (They still need to send another form for me to fill out for the time I resided in California, since I have only lived in Michigan for 2 years.) They need to check the last 5 years of residency.

Today, I spent time getting letters notarized and double checking everything for accuracy. Once the medical letters come back from the physician's office next week I'll have to go to downtown Detroit to get them all Apostilled, then sent off to St. Louis, and then Russia. Whew!!!!

Aside from running around chasing paper, I did get to spend a few minutes with my Pastor and friend, Jill today to vent about the stress I'm feeling at having to redo several documents, updates and new forms. Thanks for the shoulder Jill!!! I needed it. She did remind me that I did get positive feedback from CHI about the adoption happening, or referall portion hopefully happening soon. So, I am reminded once again to"keep my eye on the prize". I know this stress will pass and that God is watching out for me and taking care of everything. Next year I'll be holding my daughter and will have forgotten all about this week. :)

I almost have all of the paperwork done again. I Just need to gather the medicals and complete a financial form. Then the Homestudy "brief" can be written. ( You are right Becky, the second time through the paperwork is much faster). Pretty soon I'll be a Dossier writing Pro too...although I sincerely hope that this is the last time for this adoption.

On a cheery note... I got to have lunch with my oldest brother Russ today followed by a tour of his new building which is just a couple of miles from here. In a couple of months the construction will be done and he and his partner will be able to move their business into the new building. It has three times the square footage as the old one. It's going to look fantastic when completed inside. They purchased an existing building and have redone the inside to fit their business needs. He and his partner are in the fire and water damage restoration business. I'm so proud of him, his business has really grown over the last few years.

I've got to close for today. I have to do a few Domestic type duties before another couple of long days at work Friday and Saturday. I also want to make sure that I am done with chores before Survivor starts tonght.

3 comments:

Becky and Keith said...

Goodness gracious! You have been BUSY! Wowzers! I'm so glad you got so much done - it should definitely take a load off your shoulders! I hope you have a great weekend at work, hopefully it won't be too stressful!

Mike and Heidi Lee said...

Hi Shannon! Found your blog and noticed that we are on a very similiar timeline! I see that you have been busy updating paperwork...which leads me to believe that we will probably be embarking on that paperchase, as well! Best wishes!

Cathi said...

Hi Shannon!
I found your blog while looking for something else.
I can't believe we're both single women in the Detroit area adopting from Krasnoyarsk!!
I've done trip #1, now I'm going nuts waiting for the extension on my I-171H to be processed so I can go back and get my girls (I'm adopting 2 girls).
Write to me!!!
Cathi
cchodorkoff@hotmail.com