Sunday, February 24, 2008

New Friends, Paperchase complete???, and Birthdays

Wow! Time has flown this past week. Lots happening to keep me busy, but no "Call" yet.

Since Monday was holiday, I was unable to complete the adoption paperwork that I had started working on the previous week, so I met a new waiting adoptive family friend, Kyley, for lunch at the Mall. It was wonderful to have a chance to meet in person and talk about our experiences, and to also peek in at all the great children's shops at Somerset Mall. Believe it or not, I didn't buy anything, but will definitely have to go back when I know what size to buy.

On Tuesday, I went to my doctor's office and picked up my medical, then proceeded to my bank to have a few of the other documents notarized. After that I headed downtown Detroit to have them all apostilled. Oh my goodness....there must have been 100 people in the Secretary of States Office that day. I had to wait about two hours, but finally got everything stamped with the Great Seal. Then off to Staples to copy everything. Once I had copies I then proceeded to the post office to Overnight the updated docs to Children's Hope, and another packet to my home study agency as I'm working on getting my home study updated too!! A long day running around, but I think I have everything done now that needed to be updated so that I can have my Dossier registered with the region. I'm still praying that I'll get the call by March 28th, or sooner.

After three more very long days of work Thursday- Friday, Saturday was a day of fun. A group of friends from church, along with my Mom and I went to see the musical Chicago. We had excellent seats in the 4th row, middle of the stage. The performance was great! After the show, my Mom (who is now back from Florida) and I headed for my sister's house to my nephew's 18th birthday party. Brandon, my nephew, was also sweet enough to share a little of the lime light with my great niece, Alivia, who is 3 as their birthday's are only a day apart.

Today has just been a day of printing out pictures from the birthday party and updating photo albums, attending church, and then afterward finding the 70-80% off sale at Kohl's in the Children's Department. I didn't go hog wild, cause I already have several things that I started purchasing over the past year, but I did find some super bargains on a couple of outfits and a dress. I got sizes 18 months and up. If the smaller sizes don't fit, oh well!! I haven't spent a fortune and I can always donate them to the orphanage or families in need here.

For this week...it will be back to waiting!!! And finding a time to meet with my home study agency social worker to complete the update. Please keep me in your prayers that the call will come soon. And, may God Bless all of those families who are now traveling to meet their children for the first time, or who are traveling to bring their children home.

2 comments:

Troy and Rachel said...

Wow - you did have a busy day. SOrry you had to wait for the apostilles - that's no fun! Hoping you get all the rest of the docs quickly and that you hear news of a referral soon!

Joe and Renae said...

I'm right there with you in the paperchase Shannon...I bet you are so glad you are done for now!