Monday, June 2, 2008

The Wait Continues For Word On Registration

I wish I had some happy news to report but, alas, yet another paper snafu has delayed the registration process for a couple of more weeks. :( Apparently another document change has taken place this year that my placing and home study agencies needed to update. This one wasn't found out until my Dossier was taken to the region to be registered a couple of weeks ago. It was just one document and I didn't have to do anything to update, but my agencies had to take care of completing it and getting it back to Russia. I've gotten word that it (the new document) has now reached Moscow as of last Friday, and that it will be another week and a half before it reaches Krasnoyarsk.



I've been feeling a bit gloomy over the wait time as it is now approaching the one year mark from when my first Dossier was completed and sent to Russia, and yet I still have not been registered in my assigned region. Hopefully Dossier number two is the lucky one and I'll hear news by the end of this month. God is definitely in the drivers seat for the time line on this adoption. I know there has to be a good reason for all of the waiting, right?



As I wait, and wait some more, I have really tried to take on a new attitude about the whole thing. I had been just sitting back on pins and needles waiting for "the call" at any moment, and not enjoying life in the here and now. I've been really trying to stay focused on today. It doesn't always work, but I'm trying... I finished planting flowers in the planter beds in the backyard this past week. I also fixed my front door that the paint had all peeled off of this past winter during the freezing cold. ( A bizzaire event in itself). The door is now a pretty blue- green rather than bright red. (Thanks Mom for your help too!) I've been working extra hours at the hospital. And now I'm thinking of planning a road trip some time in July. Nothing big or expensive (still have to watch the budget), but if Russia doesn't call soon...I still need some sort of vacation. :) Where to go????? Any ideas?

4 comments:

Becky and Keith said...

If you want my opinion DEFINITELY take that vacation! I wish I would have taken one a long time ago! I'm sorry about the paperwork snafu - it seems like a moving target, doesn't it? Hang in there - you have a great attitude. Keep having fun, working and gardening! :-)

The Wilson's said...

The paperchase is so hard. Just when you think that you've got it all covered -- yet another document needs to be re-done. It always felt to me like to communication to Kras wasn't all that good anyway so we redid documents over and over. Hang in there it will happen, it just feels like the paperwork will never end at this point.

Mary and Michael said...

You have to love these last minute paper glitches, we just had one too. Like you, I am trying to keep busy anyway I can. I like the idea of a trip, after saving our vacation time for Russia we are planning one too. Being land locked here in Dallas we were thinking the beach sounded good. Gas prices are not helping, but what can you do. I hope you hear good news soon confirming you are finally registered. Once that happens did they give you an approx time frame until you hear about a referral? I hope it won’t be long more after that.

Anonymous said...

I love your heart! Jeff and I (Robbin) are just starting the adoption process and scared at picking the wrong adoption agency. Honestly, you are completely happy with Children's Hope? Any recommendations or suggestions from your experience will be appreciated! I think you are going to be a great mommy! Hang in there.