Monday, June 23, 2008

I'm Finally Registered!!!!!!

Yippee!!! I can do the happy dance again....

I received a call back from my agency rep today (Thanks M. !!! You did make my day!) and we found out that I've actually been registered now since last week 6/16/08. Hallelujah! and Praise the Lord!

So what does this all mean to me now...Well this means that the Ministry of Education (MOE) in Krasnoyarsk, Russia now has officially accepted my paperwork and request to adopt. They will now begin the search to match up my application with my Little Russian Princess and then I will receive "The Call". I pray that the call comes quickly. I'm not sure what the typical wait time is between registration and referral for my region, but will pass on the information as soon as my agency rep finds out for me.

I'd like to send out a congratulations to Becky and Keith who have received their court date and will be travelling back to Russia tomorrow for their "Little Peanut" , and to all the other families who I don't know as well but hope to know soon, who have received calls for either their 1st or 2nd trips. Safe journeys to all!

I'd also like to congratulate my nephew "B" on his graduation from LCN High School. Way to go buddy!

In other news....it's been a fairly wet month filled with storms here in Michigan. Nothing quite as devastating as with the rising flood waters along the Missouri River. (My heart goes out to all of those families who have lost everything to the rising waters. ) My basement did get wet again and I am still trying to dry out some of the flooring. My power was out for four long days and nights. My back-up sump pump that I installed after last years flood waters also failed, so water again came in. Only about 1/2 inch this time instead of 1 1/2 feet. Just enough water to wet all of the carpet and the new tile/ vinyl flooring that I'm having to pull up to dry underneath as it is a floating floor, not glued down. Ha Ha...I just realized...floating floor..literally.!! I can laugh now, but a week ago I was in tears.

I also lost my computer to the power surges from the storm. Even with a half way decent surge protector, it still got fried. Maybe God just knew how much I was contemplating buying a new lap top for my trips to Russia. I normally use a tower HP computer and have an old lap top that my Dad gave me 5 years ago, which makes it probably at least 8 years old. Now I have a brand new small light weight lap top that should travel well. I'm still trying to get used to its new functions, but it sure is pretty. :)

Well this short post is turning into a novel and I need to go pick up my Mom in 30 minutes for ice cream. Yummy...the best part of summer. Even if it is raining again! Got to run....

oh..one more thing..I didn't get to go on any vacation as of yet. My work schedule hasn't worked out for one. Hopefully Mr. and Mrs. Russia will call and I'll be headed there instead.

10 comments:

Troy and Rachel said...

YAY!!!! Congratulations! I hope your wait is very. very short and your next post is Referral!!! I am so happy for you!!

Craig and Phyllis said...

Congratulations on your exciting news!! I've been watching your blog and wondering when it was going to happen! We are very excited for you.

Craig and Phyllis Beadle

Heather Brandt said...

I think my understanding is that it might be 1-2 months wait. I am with another agency and that is what they told me with regards to this region...

heather
www.russianblessings.wordpress.com

Mary and Michael said...

Congratulations, that is great news. Yeah!! I hope you won’t have to wait much longer.

Carolynn and Steve said...

Hello and congratulations on being reigstered! I hope that your wait is a very short one, and that you're on your way to your princess very very very soon! We're also working through CHI, so your news is SO encouraging! YAY!

Becky and Keith said...

CONGRATULATIONS! This is great, great news! I hope your wait is very short! :-)

Mike and Heidi Lee said...

Yay! That's exciting news!! Your daughter is getting ready for you!

Over-Caffeinated said...

Shannon,

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I used to work for CHI, what a small world. Guess you know that if you read my entire blog! :)

I wish you a heap of success on your journey. It's so worth it in the end and how exciting for you!

Amy said...

Hi Shannon -- I stumbled across your blog through a bunch of other blogs... man, do I sound like a stalker!

I am also a single PAP from Michigan and also in the waiting mode! You are just a touch ahead of me as I should be registered within the next week or so.

Congrats on getting registered!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the news!Any word yet from Russia? <3