Friday, November 7, 2008

Time to update the Blog.......

Oh Boy....I've been a bad blogger lately. Sorry for the delay in this post. I know every one is wondering about court. No date as of yet, but I do have all of my documents completed. I think!!! I sent all of the required papers off a couple of weeks ago now, except for the CA police clearance and my extension to the I600 A. The papers (except those two) should be in Russia being translated now, and then off to the court in Krasnoyarsk.

As for the CA police clearance, I did receive my report back a week ago. ( Thank you to everyone who offered their assistance with this one.) Just need to check with my agency to see if I need to do anything else with it before forwarding it to Russia. I also received papers back from Homeland Security yesterday. I think the extension has been granted but want to ask someone at the agency to interpret as the wording is a little unclear. So anyway...everything is just about done from my end. Oh also purchased a couple of small photo albums yesterday and will put together a photo album for the Judge.

What happens next...??? Well, from what I've been told. Now the document preparation starts for my Little Russian Princess. Once her documents are together my agency representative in Krasnoyarsk will hopefully get us a date with the Judge so that I can go back to Russia to complete the adoption and bring my sweet Little Russian Princess home.

Home...that is a beautiful word. Can't wait to bring her home. The wait is starting to drive me crazy. I miss her so much. It has been a little over 5 weeks since I've seen her and it seems like forever. I don't want her to forget me. She wasn't old enough to understand why I had to go after spending three mornings visiting her at the orphanage. It has to be very confusing to her. I know it's been hard on me having to leave her there. I do know that she is being well cared for by her caregivers, so that part is comforting. Still, the missing her and wishing she was here part is hard. And so the waiting continues.......

3 comments:

Carey and Norman said...

I know how hard it is to long for your child and not know the day you will return to bring them home. My hearts goes out to you. We will keep you in our prayers that you receive news soon of travel. Who knows...maybe you will get an early Christmas present!

jleigh said...

I am also a single woman adopting from Krasnoyarsk. I met my 18 month old son in July. I do not have a court date yet, but expect to hear from them next week. (I sent 20 additional document today). I hope things go smoothly for you! Maybe we'll be in Kras at the same time.
Good Luck!
Jori

Troy and Rachel said...

Thanks for updating with all the pictures on the posts above. I hope having all your paperwork ready means getting that court date sooner than later. Keep us posted!