Thursday, October 9, 2008

Almost two weeks home from trip one

Sorry for the delay with the pictures of Russia. It's been a busy (almost) two weeks since my plane landed. I have been trying to get all of the documents needed for court prepared. Not an easy task, but its coming together. I have everything in progress and almost completed except my California State Police Clearance letter. Since I now live in Michigan, this is proving to be very difficult. For any of you that read this blog and live in CA, please feel free to chime in and tell me who to contact to get this done. I should have everything else completed and waiting for apostilles by the beginning of next week.
Aside from recovering from Jet Lag, which seemed to last for a week, and running around with paperwork, I returned to work and had a wonderful baby shower thrown by my church. The folks at Grace United Methodist Church are so loving and giving. I was overwhelmed by their love and generosity this past Sunday.


Just a couple pics to share as my camera battery decided to die before the gift openning began. I need to get the rest of the pics from my sister-in-law. Thank you again Jill, Jane and Candy for such a wonderful party for the Little Princess.
And now to the pics of Krasnoyarsk:

This is the Hotel Sibier where I stayed
and the new Fountain by Hotel Krasnoyarsk
Okay, blogger is taking forever to upload today, so sorry. It could be the computer operator too. I need to figure out how to do a slide show to show you more pics.
Need to get going for now.
Thanks again everyone for all your kind words, thoughts and prayers. Please continue to keep me and the Little Princess in your prayers as we work toward getting back to court and bringing her home. Also pray that I can figure out how to get my CA police clearance.
Bye for now,
Shannon

10 comments:

Troy and Rachel said...

Praying!! I hope you get to go back very soon! Your baby shower looked wonderful - that cake was humongous!! Keep us updated on status of the CA police clearance - we'll be hoping and praying that comes in quickly.

Anonymous said...

Hi Shannon!

We used a company called IBT. Their number is 1-888-467-2080 and they had our clearance to us in a little over a week after we first called them. I am not sure if they have offices in CA, but it wouldn't hurt to call them and see. Good luck and I am praying for you that your letter comes to you fast! :)

Mary and Michael said...

Shannon, I haven't checked in with you in a while. How great to read your news, although more than a little late. So glad you have found your little princess! I hope the rest of your paperwork comes together smoothly and you can get back there and bring her home.

Sarah xoxo said...

I hope you get to collect your lovely little girl very soon and bring her home forever. I hope to be in your situation in a few years time, adopting a Russian Princess. I look forward to reading your updates.
Sarah

JB said...

I found your blog looking for people with recent Krasnoyarsk adoption experience. Best wishes for working out the remaining details. I live in CA. In which county/city/town in California did you live? Are you sure the clearance has to come for the CHP? What about the local police in your former city/town?

Jolene

Carey and Norman said...

Hi Shannon. I've enjoyed catching up on your blog and enjoyed reading about your visits in Kras. I have made our blog private, but I would be happy to send you a link if you send me your e-mail at russianfairytale@gmail.com.

The pink outfit on your daughter was precious. I cannot wait to see a full length shot of your daughter wearing such an adorable dress.

Best wishes,

Carey

orange1986 said...

Hi Shannon!
I am a frequent reader of your blog and I was wondering if you could help me out with my term paper for school.I am currently doing a paper on international adoption from Russia for my American foreign affairs class at school and I am in need of some "interviews" as primary sources for my paper.If you wouldn't mind helping me out, the questions are below.If you would like I can change your names and whatnot.Also the paper itself will not be published anywhere or anything like that,its simply my school term paper.Thank you so much in advance!!
-Kelly
kkroeper@pegasus.rutgers.edu
The Questions:
When was your child adopted,or when do you expect the adoption should be complete?What age was your child when you adopted him/her?

Do you feel that the Russian people, not just those working the orphanage, were accepting or friendly towards you?

How do you feel the court system/adoption process ran, was it fair, or was there too much red tape on either the US or Russian side.If there was red tape do you know why this was so?

Why did you choose to adopt from Russia as opposed to another country?

Thank you SO Much in advance!!
-Kelly
kkroeper@pegasus.rutgers.edu

Michael, Carrie, and S said...

What a nice shower! I hope you get your document from CA soon! I know you are ready to return to Russia ASAP!

Meghan, Bill and Nick said...

Congratulations on your amazing journey to meet your daughter. I temporarily lost your blog and just caught up!

I hope everything comes together smoothly for you re: the paperwork and that you'll be able to travel back to bring your little one home soon.

April and Daniel said...

Hi Shannon

Hope you are well. Wanted to see how you are holding up waiting for court. you can email me, marrazzoapril@comcast.net

April- Moscow City