Thursday, December 11, 2008

Documents in Court

It's beginning to look alot like Christmas here in Michigan. Temperatures have dropped. Snow is on the ground and on the rooftops. Christmas trees are up and lights decorate the outside of many homes. I love this time of year, (except maybe the cold). Brrrrrr. Only one thing could make it even better. Yep, if only I had a date to return to Russia to bring home the Little Russian Princess.

All papers needed for court are complete and in Russia at this time. On November 26th, I was told that Oleg submitted all the documents to the court. Since then I have been waiting both patiently and impatiently for news about a court date. Still no news as of this morning. I was really, really hoping to be in Russia for Christmas this year. Still hoping and praying that news will arrive soon, as Christmas is only 2 weeks away. Also....December 15th will mark the 2 year point since the beginning of the adoption process. I'm thinking 2 years is long enough. Time to bring the Little Russian Princess home.

Hope this time of year is bringing Peace, Love Hope and Joy to all of your homes.
Shannon

6 comments:

Carey and Norman said...

Wow...I didn't realize that you started this process 2 years ago. Yes, you've waited long enough. We will pray that you receive the call very soon. I remember waiting last Christmas and it is so hard to have met your child and be waiting for court through the holidays. They are with you in spirit (and stockings, picture ornaments, etc.), but it is nice to finally have them home!!

I cannot wait to hear good news soon!!

Troy and Rachel said...

I just chekced your blog yesterday even though I have you in a reader that notifies me of new posts - was getting worried about you. I'm glad those docs are in court and I will be praying they issue you a court date soon. Two years is way long enough. We'll be anxiously awaiting some good news.

Cindy said...

Oh, I know what you mean. My experience was almost two years long as well and I was tired of having my patience tested! I keep watching your blog for news of a court date and I'll pray you get your Christmas wish! Maybe you'll be there for the Russian Christmas, which is January 7, I think. How awesome!

Cindy

Anonymous said...

Shannon,
I am also adopting from CHI as a single mom. I also wanted a little girl and I am approaching the two year waiting period. It has been six weeks since my court date, with no assignment date in site. My little girl is in Moscow City and is 18 months old.
I would love to chat sometime. I am the "Bailey" (other family between trips on the CHI site). My email is mbailey@catt.com
Hope everything goes well. Maybe we will be travelling together.
Michelle

Orange1086 said...

Hi Shannon,
I was just wondering if you have gotten any word yet about getting to finally have your little Russian princess forever.

Anonymous said...

Just checking your blog to see if you got your travel dates yet to go back for your little princess! I hope you get your good news soon! I am also a single mom who adopted my little pricess this past June from Russia. Never thought the day would come and now its been 7 mos! :) Donna
Email: damend518@aol.com