Friday, January 23, 2009

The Best Post Yet!!!

Finally, the post you've all been waiting for, and me too!!! Yes! I have a court date. Wahooooooo.
I got the call yesterday afternoon just before I had to go into work for a short shift. Court is scheduled for February 10th. The day after my birthday. Close enough for me to call it one of the greatest birthday presents yet. I am so excited, not really sure what to do first.

If anyone has traveled to Krasnoyarsk lately for court, please email me privately to let me know as much info as you can about what to expect from the Judges. I am a little nervous about that part. Also, how many different outfits did most of you take for your child? Any helpful packing tips are also always welcome.

I am still waiting for confirmation from my adoption agency about travel dates so I can get the passports and visa information sent out and by the plane tickets. Hopefully I will hear something real soon. As far as I can tell, I think I will be leaving on February 4th for Moscow.

Thanks again to everyone out there praying for me. Just a little longer now and this dream of mine to start a family will soon become true.

12 comments:

Brad and Dee Dee said...

Shannon, Our court date in Kras is 1/27. Send us an e-mail so we can discuss our experiences...
duffybradford@yahoo.com

Brad and DeeDee

Michael, Carrie, and S said...

Congrats Shannon! I saw you had an update and was hoping that it was good news! I know you are so excited! Have a fun weekend celebrating!

Carey and Norman said...

Congratulations. I'm so excited to hear that you got your court date.

As for packing, don't overpack. It makes traveling in the airports more difficult with a little one. Your daughter will be wearing her coat most of the time anyway, so no one will know that she wore the same outfit several times. Seems they do this in Russia anyways.

Best wishes!!

Janis said...

Please email me.......I returned from Kras on Dec 6 08 and can give you lots of info on court....I too am single and adopted a boy 21 months old!
Janis
janis.moriarty@verizon.net

Kim Abraham - Mom to the Fabulous Five! said...

Congratulations!!! Such exciting news for you. I 2nd what Carrie said, pack very light. We took a few too many fancy little girl clothes and not enough comfy pjs for just hanging out in the hotel room. Plan on taking a whole box of plain cheerios! (They travel better in a ziplock bag.)

said...

That is so wonderful! I have been thinking of you and wondering when it was going to happen. I am sooo excited for you and don't worry, all the important things will get done in time. Enjoy the preparation!

Monica

Roger and Joanne said...

I new it when I read your title that you got the call. Congratulations! I'm very happy for you and I can only imagine you're just swimming with excitement that this wait will finally be over very soon and you can start that life you've dreamed of. We, of course, want to hear ALL kinds of details about everything.

Carrie said...

Congratulations!!!!

Meghan, Bill and Nick said...

Congratulations Shannon we're thrilled for you!

Time will fly and before you know it you'll be reunited with your daughter!

Troy and Rachel said...

Congrats!! I was just thinking of checking in on you this past Friday as we hadn't seen a blog in a while!! You must be thrilled!! You'll do just fine. YIPEE!!

Orange1086 said...

Congrats Shannon!I am SOOO very happy and excited for you ! I can't wait to see your little russian princess.

Carolynn and Steve said...

SO very glad to hear you're headed back. My prayers for you that the time moves quickly and that all the paperwork stuff falls in line!