Wednesday, January 16, 2008

The Wait continues....

The long two week Holiday season is finally over and the old feelings of excitement and anticipation of "the call", coming in at any moment have returned. I worked on Monday the 14th, which was a good thing, because I probably would have been sitting with the phone in hand all day long, not able to do anything else for fear of missing that call. I guess I was secretly hoping that by magic the call would come in that day. Anyone else "waiting" share similar wishes for the 14th? Alas, the call has not come in yet... maybe by my birthday in February??? Who knows...it COULD happen! I have to keep reminding myself that God holds the master plan and He has the perfect time in mind. I just need to be patient...., but it is oh so so hard some days.

Yesterday, I kept busy reading a couple more family blog sites and doing the necessary household choirs like laundry and cleaning. It continues to amaze me how one puppy dog can bring in so much dirt from outside and lose so much hair in just a couple of days.

In the evening I went with my sister and her teenage daughter ( now 16 and driving, yikes...they grow up so quickly), along with a friend of my nieces, to the high school varsity basketball game. We won!! Way to go LCN! Oh, I almost forgot...I also went and voted before the game. It was Michigan's Primary voting day yesterday.


Today begins a new day of waiting. After grocery shopping this afternoon, I think I'll start packing a few things for my Little Princess for trip #1. One of the other adoptive families who recently returned from trip #1 said that she wished she had started setting things aside earlier, so I will take her up on her advice.


Tomorrow my friend and our church Pastor is having surgery, so I'll go up to the hospital in the early afternoon and see how she is doing. Please say a prayer tonite for Pastor "J" that she has an uncomplicated surgery and a speedy recovery.

2 comments:

Becky and Keith said...

Oh yes... I have been holding on to the phone waiting for a call! Do you ever pick it up to make sure there is a dial tone? :-) And I am also in awe of how much dirt dogs can bring in! Don't worry... we WILL get the call. Someday. Hopefully SOON.

April and Daniel said...

Hi Shannon.

Hope your little girl comes home soon. We a very excited. Im a little impatient so its not easy. But keep your fingers crossed.

April Dan Allen & Zachary and soon AVA LAUREN