Saturday, March 1, 2008

It's March 1st....

Today I'm feeling blue and optimistic all at the same time. Is that possible? Blue because I have no news of a referral yet, but optimistic because I had a nice long conversation with my regional rep from CHI. (Thanks Pam!! You seem to know just when I need to hear from you the most.) Things are starting to move quickly for many families with my adoption agency. 18 families have/are travelling in February. My agency hopes to have 40 families traveling each month from now on. Thus the optimism. I am still optimistic that I will hear something about my referral by the end of March. Since today is the first day of March....that means there are only a few more weeks of waiting...hopefully. :)

On a lighter note...we had more snow on and off all day yesterday. This morning I awoke to a beautiful sunny day with a new white covering of snow all over. While I am ready for winter to be over any day now, at least if it has to be cold I like it a lot more with snow rather than dreary brown and grey yuckness everywhere. Is "yuckness" a word? Hopeful you get my point with that description anyway.

3 comments:

Becky and Keith said...

Your feelings are 100% natural, don't you worry! It sounds like CHI is about to start hopping which is GREAT news! So many more families to build! I hope you get good news soon... just keep on with that positive thinking! It helps! We are having a gorgeous Atlanta day too - nice and sunny (no snow) and a light breeze. A good day to clean and air the house out! Have a great weekend! P.S. I vote for yuckness being a word! :-)

Troy and Rachel said...

It really does sound like things are starting to happen at CHI. 40 families is alot and they appear to be going for it!! Hopefully you'll be posting great news soon and I'll be keeping watch!

Anonymous said...

I hope you hear something soon Shannon! CHI seems to be moving a bit faster now. I know how you feel, it is very stressful. Let's just pray we all get our referrals soon!

Renae and Joe