Tuesday, March 11, 2008

I think that about does it.....

I think I have just about gotten everything updated that can possibly be updated document wise. My SW (social worker) from my Home Study agency came over today for her scheduled visit so that she could prepare my Home Study Brief. As I had mentioned previously, my home study report expires at the end of this week. One of the required documents for Registration is the new update. Once my SW has a chance to write the update, and the last of the reference letters and background check information arrives at the HS agency, I should be able to get the new update apostilled and then to CHI to forward to Russia. (Does this part sound familiar?)

I'm hoping to have all of this completed by the end of next week. Then I just wait for the e-mail to say that I'm finally "Registered" with the MOE (Ministry of Education). For those that don't quite understand the international adoption process in Russia just yet, you must be registered with the MOE before you can be assigned a referral. By the way, if you don't understand the process yet, don't feel bad....it seems like it is forever changing anyway. Just when you think you have it, another step is added. It does get easier to complete the steps and the paperwork the more you do it though. The only thing that doesn't get any easier is the "Wait". It just seems to get harder. As I told my SW today, I am so ready for the wait to be over. The Nursery is ready, the playroom downstairs is nearly complete, I've read every book that I can think of on adoption, I'm ready to be a Mama, now all I need is my daughter. :) Hopefully this isn't sounding too negative, I'm just very anxious, and READY for "The Call" to come. I'm still praying that I will hear something by March 28th, 2008. I know travel is coming soon, I can just feel it. It is the not knowing exactly when I will be travelling that is driving me crazy.

On a lighter note, a have really enjoyed reading all of the blogs of those families who are now traveling in Russia for trips one and two. Congratulations! It is truly exciting to see so much movement now in Russia. I gives me Hope, and continued Faith that my turn is coming soon.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm hoping you get the call SOON also. My dossier went over to Russia right after yours, so when you get "THE CALL," I know I have to be a LITTLE closer anyway. Our SW should be coming for her visit also. At least we'll have the updated home study out of the way. I'll keep watching to see if you get that call!

Troy and Rachel said...

Ihope you hear soon. I understand completely about the process and another step being added just when you think you have it all figured out! Let us know when you are registered. We ar epraying it is quick for you and that you get a referral soon.

Becky and Keith said...

We're about to have to update our Home Study too... I'm glad it sounds pretty painless! I hope this is the month for you! Some months go more quickly than others and this one seems to be dragging! Keep us posted!

Mary and Michael said...

What will we do when we have nothing left to update? What a void that will leave!! I look forward to hearing you are registered very soon. And hopefully a referral call will follow very shortly after that.