Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Laying Low

Just laying low this week trying to recover from the cold/ flu bug that is going around. It really knocked me for a loop last week, but I'm starting to feel almost human again today. I did make it through work yesterday too, provided I carried my glass of water around wherever I went to prevent a coughing attack. I also had to make sure that I didn't bend over too much so my poor nose wouldn't run. Try not bending over and taking care of patients. That was a major accomplishment. Just had to do a lot of deep knee bends instead.

No news on the adoption front. I am still waiting on the completion of my home study brief. I have an e-mail out to my HS agency to see if it is almost ready for pick up. I am hoping to have it by the end of the week. Stay tuned for news possibly later today on this important piece of papers progress.

On a totally different note...can you believe it is almost spring!! Yippee. Just a couple of more days. St. Patrick's Day yesterday...Spring on Thursday and Easter on Sunday. March is flying by.

Aarrghhh...just got an e-mail back from my HS agency. They are waiting on the state of CA to send back information on my background check. Everything else is ready to go. There is a new procedure this year where Michigan has to check backgrounds in every state you lived in over the past ten years. I hope this doesn't mean another month or two before I can get the last of the new documents done in order to become Registered with my region in Russia. Please pray for the government officials in CA to finish up the paperwork and send it back to Michigan this week.

2 comments:

Troy and Rachel said...

I'll be praying your homestudy agency can get that background check quickly.

I can't believe it's almost spring! I am looking so forward to it and can't wait for summer!

I'll be checking for more updates on that document!

Becky and Keith said...

I'm so sorry you were hit with the flu! I've heard it's been a pretty miserable strain this year and I hope you're feeling better each day. We're getting ready to update our homestudy - ick! I dread having to do MORE clearances and MORE doctors appointments! I hope you get everything from CA very soon so you can get registered!!