Sunday, July 20, 2008

Not yet.....

No word from Russia yet, although I feel like it should be any day now, shouldn't it????? It's been over a month since Registration and the waiting is becoming excruciatingly difficult. I called my SW at my agency last week to get an update but have not heard anything back yet. Hopefully I will get some information tomorrow or Tuesday at the latest.

In the meantime, I did have an appointment with Homeland Security to have my fingerprints retaken on 7/10/08, as they were expiring on 7/25/08. They were taken and my amended I-171H form with new fingerprint expiration date was received in the mail on Friday. Their turnaround time was terrific. I was very thrilled to see it back already. Homeland Security gets a great big Kuddos from me this week. Okay, so now I think everything is up to date once again. Phone ring pleeeaaasssseeee....

Nothing else really exciting happening in the neighborhood. I've just been picking up more hours at the hospital almost every week to try and pay down some loans taken out for this adoption. I know it will all be worth it in the end, so I keep on chugging away. The good thing about working so much too, is that the vacation time is accruing faster. :) I think I have over six weeks PTO saved up now. I want to have as much time home with the kiddo as possible before having to return to work once we are back from Russia.

Please keep me and my Little Russian Princess in your prayers this week as we wait for the MOE and my adoption agency to send us word that we will be able to meet soon. Also keep the following blog friends and families in your thoughts and prayers as they are traveling to Russia this week to meet their children: Kyley and Greg Smith, Russ and Monica Canestraro, and Amy of 4 from Russia?. See my side bar of blogs I follow for their stories as I haven't learned how to imbed the links in my text yet. Also welcome home Becky and Keith and the Peanut.

Take care all!
Shannon

5 comments:

Our Family said...

I've stumbled across your blog, and wanted to send you well wishes while you wait, I hope that your phone rings any day! I'm excited to follow your journey.
Adrian
http://2008russia.blogspot.com

Troy and Rachel said...

Praying for your phone to ring. It's great you can accrue PTO like crazy now and keep busy. I hope though that you are needing to use that PTO soon!!

Stephanie and Dennis said...

I keep praying that the phone will ring for you soon. My understanding is that the Krasnoyarsk courts right now are very slow becasue of summer vacations. But I know that everything will pick up soon, and you will have your court date.

Keep us posted!!!!!
Stephanie

www.thesmiths441.blogspot.com

Becky and Keith said...

I hope that phone rings soon!! Keep accruing that PTO so you have more time with your little girl when you get home with her! :-)

Little Patch of Heaven said...

I hope that you hear something soon.