Thursday, July 31, 2008

Sad News and Garden Surprises

I received a sad and disappointing e-mail yesterday from my agency rep. The e-mail was letting me know that she was leaving the agency on August 8th. I know many of you fellow PAP's know exactly how I am feeling as you have all had to deal with agency changes. Here I was going along feeling very lucky as I have had the same CHI rep, Marti, since way back in 2007 when my first dossier was completed. I will miss her very much when she leaves, as she has become an important extended part of my family during the most emotional roller coaster adventure of my life, called adoption.

I still have not heard anything from Krasnoyarsk about a referral. Keep the prayers coming for me as I am having a really hard time waiting these last few weeks.

On a side note, this summer I was not up to planting a vegetable garden, just worked on the flower gardens. So I basically let the vegetable patch go to the weeds. Well low and behold ,one day I decided to mow the garden weeds down to keep the backyard from looking like a total eye sore and disgrace, when, I saw these small green plants that didn't look like your ordinary garden variety of weed. I decided to keep these little plants and mow the rest down around them just to see what they would turn into.


Here is the result.
















Gotta love the weeds some times......
Take care,
Shannon

3 comments:

The Wilson's said...

Shannon, so sorry to hear that you have had a rep change at CHI. I think that we have all been there but it doesn't make it any easier. You just get accustomed to someone and then "whammy" there's a change. I hope that you will be able to establish a good relationship with your new rep and that you will get some news from Kras soon. I know it is slow in the summer because of vacations.

Troy and Rachel said...

Don't you just love 'weeds'!! The sunflowers are beautiful. I'm sorry to hear about your rep, but I am sure they will find someone else competant to get you to Russia and soon. Hang in there.

Coffeegrl86 said...

Hi Shannon!I enjoy reading your blog and I was just wondering have you gotten any news lately that will lead you closer to your little russian princess?<3