Monday, September 8, 2008

Happy Dancing!!

It's really hard to believe that I actually get to type these words now as I am still in a state of shock... today is the day to start the major Happy Dance... and to praise the Lord, as today I got "The Call".

Anna from CHI surprised me late this afternoon at work with the mystery call which started "is this a good time to talk?" I was really disappointed that I actually had to say No, I'm in with a patient, and can I call you back. But believe me, I had this gut feeling that I knew what the call might be, so as soon as I was finished with what I needed to do for my patient, I sprinted to my locker to find my cell phone so that I could call her back. Anyhow...as you already know, yes my gut feeling was right. I was still speechless when she told me about my soon to be little Russian Princess. It was just amazing. I'm sure I had every ones attention at the Nurses station though as I was talking to Anna with tears streaming down my face. At first they must have thought something was terribly wrong, until I nudged one of my co-workers and spelled out on a piece of paper that I was getting my referral at that very moment. She quickly got a great big smile on her face and spread the word to everyone else. Hugs and cheers followed!!!

Anna was able to tell me that my referral is 2 years old, her name , along with a few medical details that she thought I might want to think about over night. Nothing seemed to be unexpected, or anything that I wouldn't be able to handle, so I told her I didn't need to think about it. Just let me know when I need to go!!! I can't wait to meet her. I believe I will be leaving for Russia on Sept. 20th, to be in Krasnoyarsk by Sept. 22nd. More details to follow on the exact dates of travel.

Oh my goodness...so much to do now. Isn't it always like that for everyone??? Wait, wait, wait and then huuuurrrryyy up here we go. Okay everyone. it's time to request the packing lists, and list of questions to ask the doctor, etc.. Also what have most of you taken to play with and then leave for a 2 year old?

Thank you so much to all of you who have been praying for me all this time. Now I just ask for continued prayers for a safe journey and that my precious little Russian Princess is doing well and thriving, and that our meeting goes well.

Take care all, and God Bless everyone of you!
Shannon

14 comments:

Troy and Rachel said...

Oh my goodness - doing the happy dance for you too!! Hurry up is right!! The next two weeks will be a big blur to you in the future! One toy I am so glad we took was the links that hook together. Even though they seemed young, working with Daniel to show him how to put them together and then pull them apart really gave us his first big smiles. He especially loved pulling them apart and almost falling over each time. I was thinking today when I picked them up and put them away that if I ever did this again I would take them! So for a little girl, maybe a pop bead necklace might be fun! Also take something that makes noise and/or lights up. It's a great attention getter and you can check (to some extent)their eyesight and hearing with them also! Good luck and congratulations!

Mike and Heidi Lee said...

WOW!!!! Congratulations! We are so excited for you!! All that waiting will dissolve as soon as you see that precious face!! Best wishes to you and enjoy every moment!! Take lots of pictures and video, as that is the only thing that is getting us through on our wait for the court date. We're sending thoughts and prayers your way! Yay! Yay! Yay!

Carolynn and Steve said...

HOOORAY! So happy to hear that you have gotten THE CALL! Best wishes and our prayers as you prepare to go meet your kiddo--I am so happy for you!

Joe and Renae said...

Yeaah! Congratulations! I know you have been waiting QUITE a while for that phone call and you have to be on cloud nine right now. Best of luck in your travels and meeting your daughter...can't wait to follow the rest of your journey!

Becky and Keith said...

WOOOOHOOOO!!! I saw this on my blackberry this morning and couldn't WAIT to get to my desk to comment! CONGRATULATIONS!! Hmmm... for a 2 year old. We loved bubbles and stacking cups. We had the stacking cups that you could make into balls and we would roll them back and forth to each other. Definitely start making lists, but first and foremost apply for your visa while it's still on the cheaper side! :-) I am sooooooooo happy for you and cannot WAIT to hear more details!

Amy said...

Yea!! I thought I heard some screaming from south of me yesterday - now I know why!

Congrats to you! I can't wait to hear ALL about your trip! Soak it in -- can't wait to hear more!

Roger and Joanne said...

I am SO happy for you! You have definitely waited enough. I can't wait to read all about your blogs while in Russia. I am waiting, too, so I have no advice as of what to bring/do on your 1st trip. Best of everything to you and your little princess! Congratulations!

Cindy said...

Yeah!!!! Today was a good day for me, too, as I got my court date. I think we'll just miss each other going through Moscow. I leave on the 21st. Best wishes! It is the most wonderful experience and you won't ever forget every moment. I'm swamped with details and arrangements to leave, too, but if you don't get some suggestions from other folks, let me know, and I can give you ideas for what to bring. My daughter is three, but lots of the same toys still work for all ages. Bubbles are the biggest hit.

Cindy

orange1986 said...

Oh my goodness!!!! Finally!I am SOO happy for you,you've been waiting forever for that call.Congrats!

susealey said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
susealey said...

PRAISE GOD !!! I am sooo happy dancing for you !!! The teacher in me suggests a small book perhaps one by Richard Scarry with lots to look at and some identifying words, and of course bubbles ARE terrific. I will keep you in my prayers... Su

Stephanie and Dennis said...

YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am sooo happy for you. This is absolutely WONDERFUL!! You must be on top of the world. You will love the region, and the people. Please take LOTS of pictures!!!!

Good Luck and keep me informed!!!
Stephanie

www.thesmiths441.blogspot.com

Our Family said...

I am excited to hear your news as I have been following your blog all summer.

When we met our daughter in May, we brought with us some touch and feel books, they had different textures and mirrors. Also, we brought a book that made music when you pressed the buttons on the side. She loved these books.

Also, as far as your packing goes, I would suggest a wide variety of power bars. I thought that we would eat them on the plane, (actually, we were fed well on our flights) but we really needed them while we were on the go visiting our daughter, driving, and completing paper work during our trips.

Great luck to you and safe travels!
Adrian
http://2008russia.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Great News!!! So happy for you! Pretty soon you will be meeting your little princess!!! :)
Congrats!!! Donna