Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Travel Dates

It's already been a whirlwind week! I can't believe I'm actually going to be leaving in one week to complete ( I love that word), the adoption of my beautiful little Russian Princess that I've been waiting for, for so long.

So here is the schedule so far:
Depart Detroit metro airport on Feb 4th.
Arrive Moscow Feb 5th.
Feb. 6th Medical evaluation in Moscow
Feb 6th evenning fly out to region
Feb 7th arrive in Krasnoyarsk
Feb 9th- my Birthday
Feb 10th Court Date
Ten day wait, then gotcha day ?? not sure of date yet.
Feb 26th leave Kras for Moscow
Feb 27th Childs medical in Moscow and documents submitted to embassy
Mar 2nd interview at the US Embassy
Mar 3rd Leave Moscow for home ( and my sisters birthday)

The past few days have been busy as I stated at the beginning, but productive.
Plane tickets to and from Moscow purchased.
Passports and Visa applications sent off
Bank notified to order new money
Employer notified of depart date.
Babys suitcase packed.
Friends and family called.
Dog, cat and house sitter arranged
Airport ride arranged

Still to go:
My suitcase
Pick up Mom from airport as she's still in Florida and needs to come home for this trip and repack.
Gather copies of all documents for court
Get batteries for camera
Figure out how to use skype
Pick up funds from Bank
Collect Passport and Visa
Turn in leave paperwork to employer
Try to relax.......and breath too, that would be good.

10 comments:

Roger and Joanne said...

Wow! So exciting! Yes...complete...a good word indeed. Well, it looks like you have a handle on what needs to be accomplished before you leave. Have a safe flight and don't forget to leave out any details on your future posts.

Cindy said...

Oh, it's all so vivid in my memory still. You are in for a whirlwind! But the most exciting adventure, ever. Just remember to stop now and then and just breathe. You'll need your energy, so take care of yourself. I can't wait to see posts from Russia!

Cindy

Tammy D said...

Hi! I saw your comment on Dee Dee and Brad's blog...and I love looking at blogs from others who have adopted from Kras, so I checked yours out. Then I saw you are from the Detroit area! We are too!!! Our little guy turns 2 in 2 months. It would be great to meet sometime!!! feel free to e-mail me! tmeyerin@umd.umich.edu
Tammy

Becky and Keith said...

YAY!!! Almost ready to go!! I know you are so excited and I can't wait to hear more about your 2nd trip! :-)

Carey and Norman said...

So glad you have travel dates and tickets purchased. I cannot wait to follow your journey to Russia to bring your princess home. What a wonderful blessing!

Michael, Carrie, and S said...

It sounds like things are all coming together! Best wishes with your packing!

Mary and Michael said...

Congrats Shannon, I look forward to hearing about your upcoming journey. You must be so busy getting everything together but I do hope you have a little time to relax too. Safe travels :)

Orange1086 said...

You leave tonight according to your travel dates, so best of luck and safe travels!

True Story said...

YAAY have a wonderful trip! God Bless! Sandy

Martina Jolie said...

Sincerity is like traveling on a plain, beaten road, which commonly brings a man sooner to his journey's end than by-ways, in which men often lose themselves.
cheap Flights to Accra