Thursday, February 5, 2009

We Made It To Moscow


18 hours or so after leaving the house yesterday Feb. 4th, we (My Mom and I) landed in Moscow, via Atlanta Georgia, safe and sound. Mom and I are both still a bit jet lagged, but we had a nice nap after lunch today and are now just hanging out in our Hotel room catching up on the news.

We are staying at the Holiday Inn Sokolinki in Moscow tonight. I stayed here on my first trip as well, so know the layout of the land so to speak around here as well as the amenities. It looks like we are booked here for our return stay near the end of February. We'll be here about 5 days then. Not a whole lot of time for sight seeing on the way this time, but we do get to have a professionally guided city tour tomorrow afternoon. Tomorrow morning will be spent getting my Medical done and paper collected for court. Afterwards lunch, citytour, dinner and then the airport again. Our flight to Krasnoyarsk leaves at 1020pm tomorrow night.

I'm so excited that I am finally back to see my Little Russian Princess and bring her home. I'm nervous about court, but can't wait for it to get here and be over with at the same time.

More later as the rest of the journey unfolds. Probably wont be able to post tomorrow, but should get back online the day after when we get settled in Krasnoyarsk.

I can't think of any crazy airport stories either. Only one man that wouldn't sit down so that we could depart from atlanta. I thought for sure that he was going to be ejected from the flight, but he finally found his seat, and we finally were able to take off.

Take care all!!
Shannon...and Mom too!

10 comments:

Carolynn and Steve said...

So glad to hear that you're safely there. Our prayers and best wishes for a safe trip to Krasnoyarsk, and hopes that you really enjoy your time there and in Moscow. I'm so excited that you're ALMOST there!

said...

I am so glad to hear that you are back in Moscow. It seems so long ago and yet not at the same time. I am excited for you and can not believe that court is so close so that you will soon have your Little Russian Princess. You are in my prayers. - BLessings - Monica

Kim said...

Awesome news! Safe travels to your Little Russian Princess!

Carey and Norman said...

So glad to hear that you made it to Russia safely. I'm looking forward to hearing about your first visit with your daughter. I'm so excited for you and your mom!! I am praying that all goes well with court and your time together in Russia!!

Best wishes!!

Roger and Joanne said...

I'm sure you've felt this has all taken so long. And NOW you're there ready to make it happen. Wow! I'm sure you're feeling much anxiety and excitement all at the same time. Can't wait to hear all about court, and of course, the day you get to meet your little princess again. Good luck!

Amy said...

I had been wondering about you and if you got your court date! Very excited for you!!!!

Cindy said...

I'll be thinking of you on your journey! Godspeed. Can't wait to see posts and pics. I'm so jealous you're getting a tour! CHI in Moscow never had time for us like that when we were there. Enjoy and soak it all in.

Cindy & Vika

Troy and Rachel said...

So glad you are there sae and almost to your Russian Princess! Can't wait to hear more!

Craig and Phyllis said...

I am very excited for you! I think the tour thing must be new this year!! Just remember that the Lord is going before you in this journey and preparing your way. I can't wait to see pictures of your little girl!

McMary said...

I am very excited for you and hope all goes well. I just recently received my region assignment to Krasnoyarsk so I am following your story with great interest.