Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Kras Day 3

We (Angela, Rick and I,the other family from CHI on their first trip), just got back from a great day. It's 4pm now, so I decided to take a little break and update the blog again before I get too tired and can't think.



The morning started just a little rough for me, as I wasn't able to sleep well last night, and then slept in past the time I had intended to awaken because the alarm didn't go off. I must have forgot to turn it to on after I set it last night. Hopefully I will do better tonight. Anyway, I woke up at 7:22am and was supposed to meet at 8am for our ride to the orphanage. I made it, but without my coffee. Oh Boy!!! I wasn't too cranky, just felt out of sorts for a little while. So...on to the orphanage for my last visit with the Little Princess. I was once again sent to the little office to use as my visiting area. Little Princess and I managed okay, it was just confining for a two year old as the room is only 3 ft by 8 ft, plus desk and office type equipment inside. I wish I could have had someone take a picture of me sitting in there with her at a little childs table with both of us sitting on little tiny kids chairs to play at the table. She looked very cute, but I am 5'9" tall and must have looked like a giant sitting at the table. For the most part it was just the two of us in the room today. I felt a little more relaxed with out the ladies sitting at the desk in there while we were playing. The caregivers did peak in every once in a while, but they must have trusted me more alone today.





Little Princess and I played with the remainder of the toys that I had left in my bag for her, and then played with almost every toy on the shelves in the room. We had a great visit. She even had the biggest grin for most of the visit. She is so curious about everything, it is just adorable to watch her try to figure out toys or how to work Mama's camera. I think she liked that more than the toys sometimes. When I first met her, she would not look at the camera when I wanted to take a picture, today was a total different story. She would look right into the lens and put on this big goofy grin. What a little ham already. Half way through our visit today she also spotted the outfits that I had brought to try on for size. I was very worried about how I was going to approach her about trying on the outfits, but I guess my worries were for not. She saw the clothes and right away wanted to put them on. At two, she can already dress herself with some help. We tried on two of the three outfits, as I put the third away knowing it would be way to big for now. She is just out of twelve month and into 18 month clothing.





Little Princess may be small for her age, but she sure does not seem to be behind in any other way. She is talking in one and two word sentences. Her motor skills seem right on target, and boy can this kid climb!!! I am going to have to do more baby proofing of the house than I originally thought. :) We had about 2 1/2 hours of play today. Just as I and Little Princess were both getting a little tired, one of her caregivers came in and saw her yawn so she took her back for a nap, and then it was all over way to quickly. Now it will be a couple of months before I can see that sweet little face again.



Well it is time to go and meet with Oleg and Sveta for briefing on trip 2, what to expect, what to bring, which documents to prepare, etc.. Yes, more documents. Hopefully these will be the last besides post placement reports. After our meeting the three American families from CHI are getting together for conversation and some dinner here at the Hotel. Tomorrow, Angela, Rick and I fly back to Moscow. Saturday we then should be flying back to the States. Hopefully we will get in a little site seeing in Moscow tomorrow afternoon and on Friday.



Paka Paka from Russia

Shannon

1 comment:

Troy and Rachel said...

Your visits sound like they have just gone great! We are so happy for you. I hope that court date comes very very soon as I know how hard it is to leave a little one behind. Safe flights back!