Sunday, February 22, 2009

Fun with Tatiana!

It's been a fun and tiring day and a half with Tatiana, also known as Tia for short. She has been a very busy little girl since the time we brought her back to the apartment yesterday and still going now. She is sitting quietly next to me for a few minutes, so I thought I would try to write a little something on the blog.

We have been playing with all of the old toys and a few of the new ones. We've also improvised and added games to other things like pretending Mamas travel alarm clock is a phone. Walking Mama around and around the apartment. Getting in the stroller and going round and round the apartment. Tia, that is, not Mama....

Our other activities have been eating, and going potty. She has been doing exceptionally well with both, She has eaten almost everything put in front of her and lots of it. I don't know where this little girl is putting it all. She isn't eating so much that she is getting sick though so I'm not worried and expect her eating to slow down a little once we get home. Although, who knows! She may have a lot of growing to do right now.
As for the potty! Wow! I just hope our good fortune continues. She has not had an accident since I picked her up. Knock on wood. I had pull ups on her all day yesterday, but after she made it through the night and all morning with out them getting wet, I decided to put on the big girl panties. She has been so good about telling me when she has to go to the bathroom. We actually go about every 30 minutes. Sometimes she just says it to get me to walk with her, but a lot of the time it is for real, so we always go.

Tia has also been stuck to me like glue. She doesn't really want to sit with Grandma yet or play with her. She will accept food from her, and does go looking for her if she has left the room. She is also calling her Grandma and kind of plays peek-a-boo around the corner with her, saying "Hello Grandma". Very cute.

As for sleep last night, well, Tia probably got more than Mama! She fell asleep finally at about 830pm after a nice bath and a relaxing DVD movie. She was so tired by then as she refused to take a nap for me yesterday. She slept until about 1am in the crib. At 1 we got up to the bathroom, and then she refused to lay back down in the crib. Well after that she went back to sleep, but only after falling asleep on the couch. I tried to sleep at the other end of the couch but was so worried she'd fall off that it was fitful sleep. Tonight I will pull out the couch sleeper bed, just in case the same situation happens. At least then we will both be sort of comfortable if she has to sleep with me.

And to end this post...a few more pictures. Hope you enjoy!



Bye Bye for now!
Shannon, Tia and Mom

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to say Hi. Congraduations. We are all very excited to meet our new niece. Terri and i have been following yourtrip. so it looks like the next stepis getting Tia a passport and Visa.Getting on a jet plane headed for gome. Do you know when all will be finalized? Drop me and emailwhen you get a chance. Tell Mom we said Hello. We love you both see you soon. Russ

kate said...

SUCH a doll-baby! How old is Tia?

Amy said...

What a face and a smile on that girl! It's easy to see how you fell so quickly!! So happy for you BOTH! :) And gramma too.

Troy and Rachel said...

I love Tia for short! She is just precious and it sounds like she loves her Mama dearly!! SO happy for you!

Roger and Joanne said...

Love the updates! She sounds like she is doing so well. I don't know how these little kiddos can have so much energy. Isn't it exhausting just to grow??? No doubt the next few months will be exhausting, but we're all so eager to get going on that...
Love Tia for short, too.

Mary and Michael said...

Congratulations Shannon!! We are so happy for you. Tia is absolutely gorgeous.

Carey and Norman said...

Glad you are doing well and Tia is eating and doing well with using the potty. That is great news. Hopefully, she will sleep better tonight. I know they have to be a little scared at night and sleep is harder when you are not in your normal bed. It does get better.

I enjoyed the photos! Tia is beautiful!!

Pam said...

Hi Shannon,
It's Pam from CHI Chicago (when we still had an office!). I was just trying to keep up with some of my old families that I worked with and noticed a week ago that you were in Russia for your second trip! Congratulations. She is precious and you and her both deserve much happiness together. It was great talking with you over the phone and I know that you will (and are already) make a wonderful mother. Pam Shepard

McMary said...

She is so beautiful. I was gone and am just seeing the photos for the first time today.
She is just wonderful.