Sunday, February 15, 2009

Sunday Day 5


Another day just about gone in our wait time to pick up the Princess. Yeah!
Last night we had a little excitement in the neighborhood. At about 1215 or 1230am I awoke to this loud beeping sound coming from above the couch on the wall. In my semi wakefulness I had no idea what it was, so I attempted to turn on the lights, only to find that they would only come on dimly. Now when you just wake up you sort of think, well maybe it's just my eyes. Nope..I went around the room trying to turn on all the lights, but all were only coming on dim. Same in the bathroom, and also found the bathroom fan wouldn't go. Mind you all along the beeping continues. I can see now that the sound is coming from what I believe to be the air conditioning unit, but not sure why its beeping. I'm starting to wonder if it is also possibly a smoke alarm, yet I smell no smoke. I look out the windows to the street below to see if people are leaving the building, or fire anywhere, or what??? I notice the street looks kind of dark compared to normal. Some street lights are on, but there are a lot out. I also see people coming out of the Restaurant pictured above and are gathering around their cars. By now I am feeling a bit freaked. Not sure what is going on. I was just wondering if I should call Sveta, when the computer monitor starts to crackle a little and flicker. I quickly unplug the computer and wait to see what happens. A few minutes after that I hear the refrigerator motor start up and then see all of the lights come on in the street and the restaurant across the street. I try the lights and they now shine brightly. Thank heavens! Whew! What a weird experience. It must have been some kind of brown out my Mom thinks. It has never happened to me before in the states where you have a little power. I've always experienced complete power outage if the power goes. ( Mom slept through the whole thing- so she wasn't bothered by it at all!) Did this ever happen to anyone else while they were in Krasnoyarsk? The rest of the night was less eventful, finally got to sleep around 2am.
It was another cold day in the city. -24F (am I starting to sound like a broken record?) It kind of feels like ground hog day. Each day more of the same. Stayed inside again. Watched a couple of movies, took a little nap. Played some games. Had left over chicken for dinner. We are planning to watch the Russian version of Survivor tonight, as both Mom and I are big Survivor fans. Tomorrow we go to see the Little Princess again in the afternoon. I've been missing our visits over the weekend.
Goodbye for now!
Shannon

3 comments:

Amy said...

oooh let me know how the Russian version of Survivor was!! This years latest season just started this week over here - but I completely forgot and missed the first one!!

Day 5! You're 1/2 way there!!

Roger and Joanne said...

It does seem like Groundhog day, but yeah, what are you gonna do if it's that cold???

So glad you get to see the little one again soon. Love the updates!

Oh...I will be going private soon and would love for you to follow my journey (whenever that time should come). Email me your email address at:
joanne@zriigirl.net for a link to the private site.

Carey and Norman said...

Glad your visit went well and you were able to meet in the Music room last week. Sounds like you have a cuddler on your hands. What a blessing.

It really sounds like you get so much help in Kras. It sounds like they do a wonderful job ensuring you are able to get to the mall and dinner. We felt like we were on our own in Vlad and Moscow outside of adoption business, so this is good news to hear.

Happy Belated Valentine's Day!