Friday, February 20, 2009

Wait Day 10 and last...

My final day of waiting is almost over......tomorrow is Gotcha Day! Hooray! We get to go and pick up the Little Princess at about 9am, then off to get her paperwork and passport photo. It will be a busy first day out of the orphanage.

Our last visit was a little shorter today as we didn't arrive until almost 4pm and then spent some time talking with one of the staff members to get some final questions answered before tomorrow. I also got information about the Little Princesses daily schedule and what she normally eats. The Little Princess was in the room with us most of this time and did pretty well trying to play quietly while we were talking. She found Mamas purse and had fun counting out my change, and putting it back in the change purse. In the purse, out of the purse, in the purse, out of the purse. You get the picture. She doesn't actually count. She just has fun playing with the money.

She was wearing her very pretty princess dress again today. The pink one! So cute! I have a couple pictures, will have to put one up over the next couple of days. Our other activities included, playing on the balance beam. Being tickled, hugged and kissed on by Mama! Swinging around like an airplane! Mostly, interactive fun stuff with Mama. It was another pick me up Mama day! I love it! Was of course a little tired by the end of our visit. My beautiful blue slippers were also torn to shreds by the end today! I don't know if I mentioned these before. The blue slippers are paper which the lady at the door gives us every time we visit to cover our shoes so we don't track water and dirt around. Will have to post a picture of them too!

After our visit today we had Dasha take us to Peppers instead of home to the apartment. ( No Deli Surprises tonight)! Dasha and Sveta both joined us for dinner today. I had spaghetti with meatballs Russian style and a Greek type salad. Mom had.......Lasagna of course! Her favorite! After dinner, Mom and I ventured next door to the little Mall and went up to the 3rd floor to see the children's stores. We found a few toys that the Little Princess might like and then I bought a pair of the Russian children's sandal type shoes for her to have. I have still been unable to find a children's clothing store. The two clothing type stores that were in this mall only carried snow suits, hats and gloves. Amazing! I have no idea where someone in this city buys toddler clothes! Will search a little more next week. And to think, All I wanted to buy was a sweater!

Can't wait until tomorrow.......gotta try to sleep tonight! So excited!

Paka for now!
Shannon

5 comments:

Roger and Joanne said...

I'm so excited for you!!!!
Can't wait for pics and how the transition goes. Ii hope you got a great nights sleep! (it may be your last for awhile ;-0 )

Becky and Keith said...

Oooo... only one more day until pretty princess pictures!!! Yippee! :-) Get a good nights sleep!

Heather Brandt said...

I know of a store--Dietsky Mier (spelling is probably wrong). I can send you directions:

heatherlbrandt (at) verizon (dot) net

It is downtown on Myra Street (y said like i in sick). It is near California Pizza where they give discounts to Americans. We bought clothes and a potty for our son at the children's store...

We bought

Unknown said...

you realize your life is about to change forever right? I can't wait for you all to get home!

Troy and Rachel said...

You must be so close to picking her up forever right now!! We can not wait to hear the fantastic news!!