Monday, February 9, 2009

Orphanage Visit

Got to see the Little Princess this morning!!!! She came right to me again when I called her name, but was a little bit shy and not quite sure exactly what was going on as Oleg, my CHI rep and Sveta, my interpreter were with me along with my Mom. So many new faces in the room. I think she was a little bit nervous. I don't blame her one bit either. Once she sat down on the couch next to me and we started to play, her cheery little personality started to light up. She is just so darn cute! I also got out a little photo album that I have been carrying around with me for the last four months that contains pictures of her and I from my last visit. She really enjoyed looking at the pictures, especially of herself. She is so funny!

I can't believe how much the Little Princess has grown over the last four months. I bet she is about 2 inches taller and 5 pounds heavier if I had to guess. I am so glad, she looks very healthy now and she needed to catch up a little. She was on the petite side when I first met her. The Lady's at the orphanage have been taking excellent care of her. Not sure now if the clothes I brought are going to fit. Oh well!! Plenty of shops in the area that I saw at the Planyeta Mall yesterday. (Thank you to one of my fellow Krasnoyarsk adoptive family readers for letting me know the correct name).

After the orphanage visit this morning we went to lunch at People's bar and grill. Good food, but Mom almost got forgotten by the waitress. We all had meals, but she forgot to give the chef Mom's food order. Oops! She finally got served, and her meal was even tasty so she was happy, just very hungry for awhile looking at all of our meals. ( I was nice though and shared a little until hers arrived).

Didn't really do anything else outside of the apartment today. When we got back I took a little 45 minute nap since I only slept 2 hours last night. Not sure if I was worried about court or excited about seeing the Little Princess, or was it the coffee I had at 9pm. Could have been all 3. Hopefully I will rest well tonight. Court is tomorrow at 1030am. I have received the email version of the letter that I needed from my HR department (document issue!). I also found a copy of the letter in the papers that I brought with me. I had already completed this document it turns out, but no one here has it. Anyway, hopefully what I have now will be enough for the judge. Thank you to my friends and family back home for running around this morning to get the paper completed, emailed and ready to also Fed Ex should the need arise. Now hopefully I can relax a little tonight. Probably not, but it is a thought!

For Birthday dinner tonight, had left over Pizza from Peppers! Haha!! Will feel more like celebrating tomorrow after court. ( Positive thoughts!!!!!)

Stay tuned for more news tomorrow! Will try to get some new pics up on the blog over the next couple of days too!

Bye for now!
Shannon

4 comments:

Roger and Joanne said...

Oh wow....I'm so excited for you. You've waited too long and you must be on cloud nine! How old is your little one?
Best of luck at court tomorrow. I'm sure it's nerve racking, but it always seems to go well for all the families. Can't wait to hear....

Troy and Rachel said...

I am so glad your visit went so well and that your little princess looks so healthy!! I know you'll do great at court and I am glad the document issue is taken care of!! I cant wait to hear about your positive court decision!

Barb said...

I've been lurking for awhile . . . Hope everything goes well for you in court. It was nice to read that your visit went so well! Barb

Carey and Norman said...

So glad your first visit went so well. It is so surreal when you return to Russia to bring your child home. You know that your visits will only be short term and soon they will leave to come home with you. So glad things have been going so well for you. You remain in my thoughts!!

Much love coming your way!